Makalu Base Camp Trekking
Be Overwhelmed by the Stunning views of one of the highest mountains in the world.
Nepal can offer a lot of exciting treks and new adventures, so if you are looking for a new place to do a trek, then you should consider this place as it is known for its tourism and agriculture. Although the Makalu region is not that popular among western tourists, you can rest assured that you will get to enjoy nature all by yourself because only a few are visiting the place.
The region is exceptional because it had not been touched by massive technology, unlike other trekking spots that have their internet connection. Be aware that on the second day of your trekking in Makalu Base Camp Trek, you will not be able to see any roads ahead. Therefore, it is highly advisable that only an experienced trekker try this adventure because it will surely introduce a lot of problems especially if you are a beginner. Also, you need to secure your travel insurance because the Makalu region is not yet developed and you’ll have something to rely on if something unexpected happens.
The Makalu Base Camp Trek will take you to the magnificent Mt. Makalu; it is considered as one of the highest peaks in the whole world. The picturesque view will eventually please your eyes. You will start your flight to go to Tumlingtar and then passé by the Arun River Valley to reach the Sea all the way to Num. After that, you have to cross the Shipton La Pass and then head to the Barun River Valley to catch a glimpse of the magnificent view of the Makalu as well as ChamlangHimal.
The Barun Valley is a large conservatory area that you can find in Nepal, and the National Park will give you some time to relax and unwind. One of the most beautiful snow-capped mountains is just in the distance if you tend to try the Makalu Base Camp Trek and aside from that, the rich wildlife in the forest will motivate you to go along the trail.
Just don’t forget to secure your TIMS which will serve as your permit for you to do the trek. Plan ahead of time if you wanted to the Makalu Base Camp Trek to make sure that you will be able to reserve a spot regardless if there are only a few tourists along who wanted to enjoy the hidden and virgin beauty of the Mt. Makalu.
Above all, trekkers should be physically and mentally prepared for this 10-day trek that could be an experience of a lifetime because the Mt. Makalu offers a magnificent view, and not only that but you’ll get closer to nature along with your trekking buddies. It is one of the great ways to explore Nepal instead of wandering around the city in shopping malls; you’d rather have a whole new level of an adventure in which you can only experience at this trek to the Makalu Base Camp.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THIS TOUR?
Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off.
- Welcome and Farewell dinner.
- Accommodations in a hotel in Kathmandu and teahouses during the trek.
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and Full Board base ( breakfast, lunch, and evening meals ) during the trek.
- Makalu Barun National Park, TIMS, and monument entrance fees.
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner.
- Private transportation pickup and drop.
- Government Registered Guide.
- Insurance for all staff & porters.
- Transportation as per itinerary.
- First-aid kit.
- Salary, allowances, expenses & insurance for all staff including porters.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN THIS TOUR?
Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Nepal visa fee and International airfare.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Tip to staff.
- Personal Insurance, personal expenses, loss of property, etc.
- Sightseeing costs (temples, monasteries, etc)
- Additional expenses such as laundry, hot showers, battery charging, Wifi, etc.
- Bar and beverages bills, bottled water, snacks, etc.
Share This Page