Manaslu/Tsum valley trek is one of the most beautiful trekking holidays in Nepal which introduces you to the antique monasteries, chortens, and gompas in the region. You can also have a lookout for the National bird of Nepal “The Himalayan monal (Lophophorus impejanus)” also known as the impeyan monal, impeyan pheasant or danphe and other beautiful mountain birds. This trek takes you into the splendid surroundings of Sringi Himal, Boudha Himal, Ngadi, Ganesh Himal and Larkya peak. The Mount Manaslu trek over Larkya La displays fabulous views of snowfalls and frozen lakes, Himlung Himal, Cheo Himal, Kangguru and the massive Annapurna II and also Tibetan border on the northern side of the Manaslu region. People, culture, and landscape of the Tsum Valley is closely related to that of Tibet and you can meet Buddhist monks and nuns and visit Milarepa’s Cave, one of the major highlights of the trip.
Thinking of doing two trekking places at the same time? What could be the possible places that you need to list down for your trip and above all the number of days that you want to be spending in both places at the same time? It is said to be that Manaslu and Tsum valley trekking can be done, but you will have to miss out on certain places that might be of great value to you. However, if you are willing to spend at least 20 days, this is already a good deal of trekking.
What are the factors to consider?
Since you want to do Manaslu and Tsum valley trekking, one of the important things that you need to do first is to check it out with the travel agency. Their advice should not be taken for granted regarding the best month of trekking in two places, the budget and the number of days available. There are some trekkers that want to have a full experience if they wish to see both Manaslu and Tsum valley. According to experienced trekkers, staying in Tsum is a must. This will be a little less stressful as it is going further.
Another factor that you should consider is the weather. There are certain months in which trekking is prohibited due to the weather condition. If you are not certain enough, it would be best for you to check it with the agency before you’re going to book a trip. If it is too risky for you to follow, then reconsider the date you want to embark on your trip.
Schedule of Manaslu and Tsum valley trekking
A local trekking crew is a right person for you to ask about the itinerary because going on trekking is not the same as asking for directions to the locals. The purpose of trekking is for those people who are taking advantage of learning about the place by not just sightseeing but also having a connection with the local people.
What To Do Next?
Tour guides are very essential in this particular activity. Professional tour guides will bring you the right information and detail about the place. Also, they can answer questions asked by tourists about the trip, the place, etc. Your trip will be all worth it because you have the right person/s to be with you and at the same time give you the best Manaslu and Tsum valley trekking experience. Therefore, deciding which to go will not be a hassle. The itinerary is all laid down and you have someone to show you around. Take the pleasure of having a tour guide and experience Manaslu and Tsum valley trekking like how it should be.
So, go for Manaslu and Tsum Valley Trekking. This package will be enjoyable and worth every single minute of it. At the same time, you will have the pleasure of appreciating these two destinations and be immersed with the locals at the same time.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THIS TOUR?
Items that are included in the cost of tour price.
- All airport/hotel transfers.
- Two nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star category hotel in Kathmandu.
- Full board meals with tea/coffee (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during the trek.
- Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One highly experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porter (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and accidental insurance for all staff.
- Surface transfer from Kathmandu – Arughat by private jeep and Arughat to Soti Khola by local jeep.
- Similarly transport from Dharapani – Beshisahar by public jeep and Beshisahar – Kathmandu by private car.
- All necessary permits including Annapurna and Manaslu conservation, and TIMS card fees.
- First aid medical kit.
- Government taxes and office service charge.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED IN THIS TOUR?
Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
- Meals not specified in the 'Meal Inclusions' in the itinerary'.
- Travel insurance.
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa: you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu (a multiple-entry tourist visa good for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, multiple-entry tourist visas for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport-size photos.)
- Cold drinks, bottled or boiled water, snacks, and other personal expenses.
- Hot shower during the trek.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Tips and gratuities for trekking staff and drivers.